One week and counting...

22:08:00



So, today I got my shifts confirmed for the 24:7 Manchester Festival! A week long event, which as the festival producer David Slack proudly announces, 'nurtures new talent in both writing, directing, performing and producing theatre.'


I will definitely be working at 'Peggy and the Spaceman.' The first Family Friendly show to be performed at this festival, which is in it's 8th year! I have never seen a live performance created entirely for kids before, so I'm excited to see how it's done!

Firstly, I think it'll be exciting to see all the children and families in the foyer. If I'm working Front of House, I'm sure the place will be buzzing!! Lots of people running wild, screaming for some ice cream and that's just the parents! The children might have to calm their parents down, let them know this is a professional event and they need to behave. I can't wait to blog about things I see and hear on the build up to letting the kids loose in the performance room!

On topic of the actual show, I'm sure I'll be sat there thinking, 'how patronising' and then realise, 'wait, I'm not 6'. How is it going to be staged? How adventurous will the story be? How colourful will the costumes be!! And the most anticipated question, what is the spaceman going to be like? All of these questions I want answering now. I'm stomping my feet like a child trying to get my own way, but the 21 year old in me knows I have to be patient and wait until Monday 25th.

And did I mention, I'm pretty sure I'm working on the show twice!
Only a week to go before my blogging on the event begins.
(and what a busy week before I have!)

I'm now just really looking forward to my time at the 24:7 Fest! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

CULTUREbean

About

I'm a Northern, twenty somthing, cultured blogger named bean (georgina - gina - gene - bean) Hence CULTUREbean.


Writing about cultural events, experiences and places since 2011.


Posts cheeky, fun and creative content that you I hope you enjoy reading.


#culturebean

#culturebeanat

#culturebeansays